Making IsThisTaxiLegal–evolving from Proof of Concept
What we need first is automating some tasks – like downloading the authorizations pdf ( and parsing after) from http://www.pmb.ro/adrese_utile/transport_urban/autorizatii_taxi/autorizatii_TAXI.php .
For this I want to use R – because C# I know already and is a good occasion to learn R.
Some ideas from here from a C# developer:
- Very easy to work with R – as soon as you grasp the concepts
- Nuget from C# = CRAN from R
- Does not provide in VS something like nuget, but pacman is perfect
if (!require(“pacman”)) install.packages(“pacman”)
pacman::p_load(‘XML’, “magrittr”, “RCurl”, “rlist”, “rvest”, “pdftools”, “dplyr”, “devtools”)
#if (!require(XML)) install.packages(‘XML’)
- R is supports normal programing and functional programming and magrittr helps
print(head(splitData)) # normal
splitData %>% head(10) %>% print # showing data # function
- Some WTF ( paste function is concatenate strings , return in function must have () )
- Many , many WTF when you try to make something in R until you grasp it. ( partially)
- CRAN have many libraries free – someones requires java on your PC …. C# has a good point here , because he has now Linux + Mac + Windows natively and self contained