This Saturday I have taken “Java, .NET, Ruby on Rails Chief Software Architects Hiring Tournament(https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bucharest-java-net-ruby-on-rails-chief-software-architects-hiring-tournament-tickets-38534409456 )”
It was an occasion for me to see how sharp are my (old ) programming skills and ( rather new , compare with programming) architecture skills.
For the record , I have finished the 4th from > 30 participants– that ‘s awesome for me.
Here are the results:
- Twin Strings 30 /30
- Technical Aptitude 46 /60
- Ascending Binary Sort 30 /30
- Architect Aptitude 30.86 /60
- Code Review 34.76 /60
Total Score: 171.62
- Technical aptitude was with ASP.NET WebForms questions – a no-no for me
- I solved the practical problems( 1 and 3 ) with a mix of .NET Generic Collection and a lot of Linq. I have also seen a Ruby solution similar with .NET Linq. Functional programming is awesome!
- I do not agree with many question within Architect track – many were technology specific ( Amazon, Casandra, Qlik, oterhs)
- Code review – here I have had a personal problem. I did not want to think deeply to all questions – time is always a precious resource and I have had other things to do also.
All in all, a beautiful day and I am glad to have participated.